Gathering more than 90.000 affiliated members, accounting for 75 % of total employment and representing 80% of GDP, the Chamber of Commerce is the major professional chamber of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. Established in 1841, two years after the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg gained independence, the public institution is the guardian of the interests of the companies of all sectors of business (aside from agriculture and crafts).
The operational missions of the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce are:
- Involvement in the legislative procedure by the preparation of opinions
- Promoting the spirit of enterprise and the creation and development of businesses
- Promoting foreign economic and commercial relations
- Fostering a system of education and training that meets the needs of businesses
- Providing services to business and the general public
- Informing the public and stimulating debate as partner and independent ambassador of the market economy (think tank and proposals of policy)