Please note, this contest is open to permanent Luxembourg residents only.
Asteroid Day is a dynamic awareness and educational program to inspire the world about asteroids – their role in the formation of our universe, how we can use their resources, how asteroids can pave the way for future exploration and finally how we can protect our planet from asteroid impacts. Asteroid Day events are held on 30 June each year to mark the anniversary of the 1908 Tunguska impact. Asteroid Day events are largely independently organized around the world for people of all ages and are mostly free-of-charge.
This year we are recruiting talent from the people of Luxembourg to help design this year’s 2019 Asteroid Day Poster, which will be used around the world by to promote local Asteroid Day events. We are seeking an innovative, eye-catching design to use at the focal point for this poster.
The winner will appear on ADLIVE
–a live global broadcast June 30th from Luxembourg’s RTL station–
with the chance to display and talk about their design!
This poster will be used to represent Asteroid Day worldwide. Here is what coordinators used in 2018.
We encourage you to become inspired by some of the exciting research, missions and ideas we speak about.
- Near Earth Objects moving around earth with focus on the asteroids that come near earth vs. the ones in the asteroid belt. See here.
- Osiris-Rex, Hayabusa2, HERA and DART missions
- Other Asteroid Day research found on our website.
Please feel free to use some type of slogan or message in your design.
Asteroid Day is about…
- Discovery, research and education
- 1 day, every year to learn more about Asteroids
- Global Community through locally hosted events (ex. here, here)
- Asteroid Experts and the public coming together
Asteroid Day is not about…
- Aliens or extraterrestrial life
- Catastrophe and doom
- Stars, astrology and your horoscope
- Illustrations of any kind!
- Use of the royalty free images provided by space agencies around the world!
- Different perspectives– your view, an astronaut’s view, an asteroids view and beyond!
Asteroid Day Logo: Logo must be featured at the top of the poster. See logo guidelines here.
Event Information (30% space)
- Event Name
- Host Name
- Contact information
Text for Poster Submitted:
- Impact of the Rochechouart Asteroid
- National Museum of Natural History and Association Géologique du Luxembourg
- May 28, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Dr. Philippe Lambert
Sponsor Logos (20% space)
15% Major Sponsors
5% Local Sponsors
Headings: Gotham (Regular, Bold, Light)
Body: Lato (Regular, Bold, Light)
Approved Font Colors
Black: RGB (0,0,0), #000000
White: RGB (255,255,255), #FFFFFF
Orange: RGB (238,115,0), #EE7300
Grey: RGB (132,132,132), #848484
Background Color: Black: RGB (0,0,0), #000000
Size: 45.72 x 60.96 cm
File Type: .pdf or .jpg
File Size: less than 10 MB
*If your poster is selected as the winner of the contest, we will request in CMYK.
Download all poster assets here.
Submit your poster no later than May 31st here.
RIGHTS TO FINAL ART
Designer hereby assigns to Asteroid Day all right, title and interest, including without limitation copyright and other intellectual property rights, in and to the Final Art IF YOU ARE THE WINNER. WINNING Designer agrees to reasonably cooperate with Client and shall execute any additional documents reasonably necessary to evidence such assignment.
Designer agrees that he will be the sole author of the Work, which will be original work and free of plagiarism. WINNING Designer will cooperate with Client in editing and otherwise reviewing the Work prior to completion and launch.