Asteroid Day is an official United Nations day of global awareness about the opportunities and challenges that asteroids present. Asteroid Day was co-founded by astrophysicist and famed musician Dr. Brian May of the rock group QUEEN, Apollo 9 astronaut Rusty Schweickart, filmmaker Grig Richters, and B612 Foundation President Danica Remy.
Asteroid Day LIVE Digital from Luxembourg is a five-hour program with panel discussions including:
- “Asteroid Safari: Finding the Elusive Space Rocks”
- “Target Asteroid: How to Move an Incoming Space Rock”
- “From Satellites to Asteroids: Luxembourg’s and ESA’s role”
- “Preparing the Future: Making Tools to Investigate Asteroids”
- “Ask Me Anything About Asteroids with Astronauts”
- “Seeing is Believing: The Art of Asteroid Computer Simulations”
- “Ingredients of Life: Bringing Asteroid Samples to Earth”
Panel hosts include Sarah Cruddas, Alan Boyle, Lisa Burke, Sabinije von Gaffke, and Stuart Clark. The panel summary descriptions can be found here. Asteroid Day LIVE is streaming over Asteroid Day TV and the detailed program schedule can be found on the Asteroid Day website. After Asteroid Day, the panels can be found there as well as on YouTube.
Get Feed for iCal (Google Calendar). This is for subscribing to the events in the Calendar. Add this URL to either iCal (Mac) or Google Calendar, or any other calendar that supports iCal Feed.