I am an astrophysicist at the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research and I am interested in planetary systems.
My specific expertise deals with physical properties of small solar system objects, mainly Kuiper belt objects (KBOs), Centaurs, comets and Trojan asteroids.
- Max Planck Research Group Leader, 2013
- Michael West Research Fellow, 2010
- Royal Society Newton Fellow, 2008
- PhD, 2005, Leiden University
- Graduated in Physics, 2000, University of Lisbon
Recent News, Results and Publications
- NEW / PAPER Sputtering of oxygen ice by low energy ions (PDF)
- UPDATE New page with plots on resolved KBO binaries.
- NEW / PAPER Growth of planets, KBOs and asteroids by chondrule accretion (PDF)
- NEW / PAPER Review: The formation of the solar system (PDF)
- PAPER The albedo-color diversity of transneptunian objects (paper, PDF)
- INFO The nucleus of comet 67P as seen by Rosetta
- PAPER The Unusual Kuiper Belt Object 2003 SQ317 (paper, PDF)
- See older entries in Archive